Tuesday 7 April 2015

Manure

This has been yet another exceptionally busy day for us. I'll get to the point. Dad, who infrequently sees need for a doctor, ended up in the hospital for a night with choking and having difficulty swallowing. The problem was caught early thankfully and he is "home" now being treated.

Nicole & Aubree came on Monday. We had musical caregivers at one point as a friend was caring for me & Matias, Nicole was driving from Kelowna, Xhevat was driving mom to see dad and dad was in ER. I had my regular four or five appointments and Easter Monday only complicated plans as many things were closed or excessively busy. And then there was bloodwork and chemo today. Dad got to experience part of my world as he got EIGHT pokes for bloodwork and IVs plus extra needles during his stay (I've never had that many in one day -- way to go dad!).

I might get in trouble for over sharing but I (and we) are getting overwhelmed by the little things and we're trying to hold it all together for each other. It is working sometimes. We need prayer obviously for maintaining our sanity and for dad to regain his health but we have other needs as well. My sister and her family may need help with rides or meals. Depending on how dad is doing, we may need some help with Matias. Xhevat has taken some days off to help us all (as he's doing much of everything in our daily lives). It's difficult to ask for help for me as bathing and lifting to and from the toilet is not something I feel comfortable asking of friends (hence one of the reasons Xhevat is off work and I'm receiving the assistance of palliative homecare). Rides are even difficult to ask for as I need assistance getting into and out of vehicles.

Life is complicated.

Our home is close to some agricultural fields and today was a day when they were spreading manure. When we got back from chemo it was certainly smelling like manure. This has definitely been a manure-y day.

Life has been more complicated. At least I get to park a little closer.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Krista, Xhevat and Matias. We love you all very much and pray for you often. Your sharing of your experiences help us see how God is so good in our times of need to supply with friends and family to lean on as visible arms and hearts. Wish we could see you once again, but the one time, Krista, was a lasting friendship. Xhevat has been a friend and brother for many years, almost 15, when I was in his homeland. God bless you and for the encouragement you bring to us.

    ReplyDelete