Saturday 4 April 2015

Waiting

A year ago on the day between Good Friday and Easter, I was waiting and hoping and trying to get information. I had just been told my cancer had gone into my brain but I was still quite hopeful that treatment could be done on the two lesions they'd found. Later I'd find out that there were nine lesions in worse places than were anticipated which would require more serious treatment.

Today on the day in between I am also waiting but in a different way. I've doubled the average life expectancy of my diagnosis, have had a few more seizures and am not doing as well as last year. It may not be the answer I was looking for but I thank God for the time I've been given.

Really and truly I'm waiting for death (not knowing exactly what that means) but trying to live life fully from my bed at home. It's hard to not let things stress me with all things going on. Things that stress me can cause me seizures and pain. It's hard to allow the pain to force me to take more medication.

But I will wait... for Sunday. And when Jesus says it's time (and I don't know when that will be), I want to be waiting at the tomb with expectation.

Waiting & Expecting

1 comment:

  1. Krista, God is making something so beautiful in your life. I love your words when you say you will wait at the tomb with expectation. What a picture of hope. Thank you for your example.

    ReplyDelete