Sunday 10 May 2015

Sometimes I like to...

Life changes when you become a mom. I don't mean to sound like I'm a 
better person than those who don't have children. Priorities change, sleep patterns change, the little voice that sings to or swears at nights changes. It's not to brag about or complain about certain things. And most days you can take it. Then there are some days you can't. You have to know to... but it seems impossible.

You would do anything for your child... take their pain, suffering, and try to point them in a good way. You'd pound your fists at their antics yet bellow from the depths of your soul at their decisions. 

The cross is the best way of leading us and then you let us go. You pray fervently and that's all can be done. Scary, isn't it?

I love you mom and I'm learning how to follow and lead. Yes, you "gave me up" but you're still my mom and a mom I need in my life. Help me, be patient with me, but never let me go completely.

Sometimes a daughter, sometimes a mother, always God's daughter. On those days we can't take it anymore, we're in this together.

Oh my poor boy. I hope you have better eyesight than your mama. You are adorable. By the way, these glasses are "vintage" but back in style now (circa 2001). I had to buy a pair of glasses instead of contacts when I got an eye infection just before a missions trip to West Africa. I guess it pays to save old glasses so that you can make your child cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment