Tuesday 26 February 2013

Another Good Doctor's Appointment

Today as we left my appointment, Xhevat said something about always having a good feeling after talking with the doctor. We laughed at the irony when we realized that our last appointment was when I was diagnosed. However horrible the news, it is true that we have both felt like I've received excellent care and are extremely thankful for the health professionals that have crossed our paths. In particular, my doc seems like a genuinely humble man who doesn't readily show emotion but cares deeply for his paitents.

My good news for the day is that my liver is liking the chemo! Two weeks ago it was enlarged and irritated & today it is getting closer to its normal size and less irritated. With a quiet smile on his face, my doc said he was "very pleased" with these results.

Chemo & I are getting along great. I've had very few negative side effects... and the best side effect ever has been my increase of energy (thanks chemo for killing some of my cancer)! My biggest difficulty right now is pain. As I have cancer in my spine and it's not as strong as it should be, I'm a little tender. Anything that involves lifting (whether it be moving myself or holding my little boy) can be quite painful. Thankfully, oncologists are very generous with pain meds and I have more meds than I'd like to need.

We know that this journey will be full of highs and lows and so we will take each piece of news as it comes. So today we thank God for my good liver news and another good doctor's appointment.

3 comments:

  1. Praise God for every little miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing with us. We are praying. Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep counting your blessings and looking to the One who will give His grace and glory as you make this journey. So thankful He has blessed you with Xhevat and Mathias to journey with you. You are in my prayers, Krista.

    ReplyDelete