Monday 24 November 2014

Enough for Today

Last week was a full week and this week will be a different kind of full.

I was in Kelowna at my sister's place this past week. My dad came down last weekend to pick Matias & me up. My sister's family and parents took care of Matias. Xhevat (at home) and I (in Kelowna) got to rest and sleep at night. Well, I tried anyway.

I've had a tough start to my week today. I met a new doc (a radiation oncologist who specializes in brains) and we were talking about some stereotactic brain radiation for me. Unfortunately although some of my "floaters" have improved, there are still some there... so I'm not a candidate. His words were encouraging in that he said what I looked like on paper was not how I looked in person... but he also said that there were some spots of concern and, of course, the "floaters."

I don't receive "no's" very well. When I'm feeling this good, it's hard to hear someone say something isn't an option at this time.

So I have to choose to tell my heart and mind that it will be ok. God has not changed. It's ok to grieve. And right now I'm doing well. 

I sometimes ask when enough is enough. But I know that through all of this God will give me all that I need to get through today.

So I'm asking for complete healing of my floaters, brain spots (he said there were two areas of concern), the cancer in my bones and the cancer in my liver. That's not too much to ask, right? And if He chooses to not heal me, then I'm claiming his promise to help me with all that I need to get through each day.

That's all my heart can share right now.

Perplexus: The brain is still working despite the presence of some cancer cells.

What I Have Survived Since Feb 12, 2013
(in 214 Appointments)

IVs (successful) x 76
Bloodwork (successful) x 80
IVs or Bloodwork (unsuccessful) x 15
Biopsies x 13 (I think)

Chemo x 17 cycles including:
IV Chemo x 29 doses
Oral Chemo x 644 pills

Bone strengthening infusions x 22
Injections x 9
Brain radiation x 5
Other radiation x 3
Tattoos x 6

MRI x 3
CT x 14
Ultrasound x 3
Xray x 7
ECHO x 1
Surgery x 2
Minor surgery x 1

Days in hospital x 9

Parking Ticket x one given incorrectly & almost another one

3 comments:

  1. xoxoxox Thinking of you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I sat down to pray for you today, I read this from 'Jesus Today' by Sarah Young,
    "I will restore you to health and heal your wounds. I am with you, within you, all around you - continually at work in your life. When your awareness of Me grows dim, My Presence continues to shine brightly upon you. This Light has immense healing Power. So dare to ask great things of Me, remembering who I AM. I am able to do exceedingly abundantly above all you ask or think. Pondering My limitless ability to help you will strengthen your faith and encourage you to pray boldly. Praying in My Name - with perseverance - can accomplish great things. Learn from the parable of the persistent widow, who refused to give up. She kept bringing her petition to a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. Eventually, her persistence wore him down, and he gave her what she sought. How much more will I respond to My children who cry out to Me day and night! Though you may have to wait a long time, do not give up. For everyone who asks and keeps on asking receives; he who seeks and keeps on seeking finds.' (Jeremiah 30:17, Ephesians 3:20, Luke 18:1-8, Luke 11:10).
    Praying boldly for you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and praying for you everyday

    ReplyDelete