Tuesday 18 November 2014

Live, Love & Serve Fully

Today I'm tired... but I should be tired. I have an active boy who I'm caring for on my own while Xhevat is at work. I'm cooking and cleaning. I did 5 loads of laundry in one day last week. I've had guests over & gone out to a friend's house (12 of us... six adults, six kids under 6 I believe). I've finished six cycles of my third round of chemo. I've had lots of doctors' appointments and a massage (she said I'd be sore and she was right). I've tried to safeguard my boy's room but he seems to be one step ahead of me some days. These are busy days.

There are a lot of "I's" in the previous paragraph and I couldn't be doing all this without support. So this week I'm also learning to rest and do some things for fun for me. I'm learning to read books to Matias and snuggle with him when he's in the mood. I'm learning what's more important and what can wait.

My dad drove in from Kelowna on Sunday so that after my MRI yesterday, he could drive Matias & me to Kelowna for a "vacation." My family is taking care of Matias, I'm getting time with family or to just rest & Xhevat is getting the opportunity to sleep through the night (he's usually the one getting up with Matias multiple times at night). I am blessed beyond my understanding with the people in my life.

A friend shared a quote from another friend who was quoting someone else (welcome to the complex world we live in):
"When I first found out I had cancer, I didn’t know what to pray for. I didn’t know if I should pray for healing or life or death…. As it evolved, my prayer has become, ‘Lord, let me live until I die.’ By that I mean I want to live, love, and serve fully until death comes. If that prayer is answered, how long really doesn’t matter.” -Thea Bowman

This is how I want to spend my time.


A quiet moment where at least his head was on the mattress. 


No comments:

Post a Comment