Sunday 9 November 2014

Parent Fails

My boy may not eat or sleep well... but I think he has a little more energy than normal! It was bedtime & up the stairs he climbed and ran first into the spare room and then to his parents room. Eventually he ventured into his room. I was sitting next to the closet deciding whether I was going to refold clothes that he had removed from his drawers and close yet again. Parent fail #1.


His diaper was changed. He got into his pjs. His teeth were brushed. And we'd read a story. He seemed to be quieting down and so I silently exited his room.

I was really pleased that he didn't cry or throw himself at the door. It was just so peaceful. The thought that he might have a good sleep even crossed my mind. Parent fail #2.

I had just sat down on our bed's edge when I heard an unfamiliar noise... like an electrical cord scraping the wall. For safety I went to check on him. I opened the door and...

"Xhevat, come here right away."

There was my boy... very happily sitting in the middle drawer of his three drawer dresser and throwing all of the clothes out of the drawer (parent fail #3). I wish I'd taken a picture. I'm guessing he opened the first drawer and used it to climb up to the second drawer! Fortunately our boy is light and his dresser was attached to the wall... but knew we had to at least temporarily fix the dresser situation immediately.

Tape was our solution... no, we didn't tape up our kid. We taped up the dresser!


Dad and I were quite proud of our taping. And that only lasted about 15 seconds as Matias proudly started peeling it off (parent fail #3).


And since Home Depot wasn't open Xhevat and I put on yet more layers of tape in a different pattern (shoulda use duct tape) and two white vertical child  locks because one my wasn't quite long enough. (Potenal parent fail #4)


Only time will tell if we have succeded or if we'll be sharing parent fail #5 with you tomorrow. 

Sleep well my little boy. Sleep well so your parents can sleep as well.

1 comment:

  1. Parenting is such a joy and the two of you do have a real little live spark.
    I am so pleased to read the blog as you share your story. An article in the Sun
    was about Breast Cancer and there are 10 year survival rates with Stage 4,
    and that is my prayer for you, Blessings as Divine Life renews every cell of
    your body. xxoo

    ReplyDelete