Sunday 7 June 2015

A Grateful Day

Two years ago I was given two to three years to live. That prognosis shortened as my diagnosis progressed... and I've exceeded my prognoses greatly. For time I am grateful. 
We've had an exceptionally exciting few weeks. Here are some things/people I am exceptionally thankful for:
- Former landlords and The Home Depot for hosting an amazing fundraiser
- My sister for arranging meals for us
- Close friends who know when to come over and how to encourage me
- Worshipping & having communion together
- Getting outside and sitting in the sunshine on a beautiful day
- The Home Depot's flexibility and generosity in Xhevat's scheduling
- Fresh fruit & veggies, especially watermelon this week
- For a friend who went three times to pick up a commode on wheels
- For a shower instead of a bed bath
- Xhevat, my faithful husband, who has done everything at least once for me. I can't imagine getting through especially these last two years without him

Today is a grateful day.


My 14 year old glasses. 

6 comments:

  1. Krista, what wonderful things to be thankful for! I am thankful for you and your example of faith that shines from you. May there be many more days of gratefulness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Krista, we are so grateful for you and your family. What a blessing you are to our church! May our God, the God of all comfort, comfort you today and everyday.
    Love,
    Steve and Lori Paulgaard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Krista, we are so grateful for you and your family. What a blessing you are to our church! May our God, the God of all comfort, comfort you today and everyday.
    Love,
    Steve and Lori Paulgaard

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your family are such a blessing to us Krsta. Pray you have a peaceful week

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always a blessing to us to hear your positive spirit, as we learn from you the true spirit of grateful ness. Our love, Dana & Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable kiddo. :) Thank you for sharing with all of us, Krista. You are a wonderful woman. May God continue to give you sunshine to sit in, and may He give you peace and surprising gifts.

    ReplyDelete