Friday 13 September 2013

Wednesday's Surgery

My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday at 12:30 (te Merkuren ne oren 2130 ne Kosove) at JPOC. I have to be there a couple hours before the surgery to get prepped.

Even though it is quite an extensive surgery (so I'm told anyway), it is done on an outpatient basis. If there are no complications, I'll be back at home in the evening. If there are complications, I'll be admitted to SMH.

My recliner is ready to be my "home" for the next few days. I have button up pjs and shirts as it will be difficult to lift my arms. I'm going through my plethora of medications to find my pain & nausea pills (although I'm not sure if I'll be able to open the child safety caps). I hope that wearing my chemo socks for surgery and recovery won't spoil the spirit of my chemo socks (I think the originator of the sock idea would approve).

I'd appreciate your continued prayers for:
- me: as I go through this next chapter of treatment and recovery
- Xhevat: as he takes care of me, works, is away from his son and is carrying a heavy burden as a husband and father
- Matias: as he's away from home & parents (and loving his time with his cousins, aunt & uncle, and grandparents)
- Family in Kelowna & Kosova: who are far away, concerned for us and hurting with us
- Volunteers, janitors, instrument cleaners, unit clerks, nurses, surgeons & others we'll be encountering tomorrow: each of these people will make an impact in my surgery & recovery... but each of these people have joys and concerns going on in their lives as well. Please join me in praying for what is on their hearts and minds.


4 comments:

  1. One in a bazillion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be in my prayers tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would have guessed that something that used to neccesitate an extended time in hospital is now a day care procedure! Thinking of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your family have been heavy on my heart the last few days and I have thought of you all day today. Been praying for not only God's peace as you entered today but also his miraculous hand of healing to be on you - whether through the hands of the doctors or simply the Holy Spirit. I imagine that as I type this you are preparing to head home, pain meds on board, bandages in place and a general feeling like you've been hit by a truck. Praying that tonight and in the next few days you'll be blessed with a sleep that is deep and healing. Hang in there girl...God's got this one!

    ReplyDelete