Monday 10 February 2014

Lists

Lately I've had strange compulsions to make lists. Being organized is definitely not something that my husband would accuse me of being. I'm learning that with chemo brain, the only way for me to get even slightly organized & remember things is to write them down. I have started many lists... now all that I have to remember is to accomplish the things on the list.

Here is one of my lists.

Things To Do While NOT On Chemo
- celebrate!
- cancel some appointments & add new ones
- baseline bloodwork, CT, etc.
- resume oral medication & start a new one (by the way, to start my new med I gave myself the biggest needle I've ever given anyone... I was pretty proud of myself!)
- go for a massage
- regrow an immune system
- regrow my finger nails
- regain my strength (some days I have lots of energy and other days I just feel tired)
- next step of breast reconstruction
- see the dentist (one of my least favourite things to do)
- have a big party
- regrow my some hair (hopefully this time it will grow long enough that I'll need a real hair cut... I haven't had one of those since January of 2012; also curious as to what colour and texture it's gonna be... last time it grew in a light brown & straight)
- surgery (hopefully in March)
- travel a bit... or maybe a lot (see family, go somewhere warm, relax)
- finish reading a book
- write down the story of my life for my boy
- deal with my daily fear/anxiety of how long until chemo restarts
- love more deeply, enjoy time together, create memories, hug & kiss more (when appropriate)
- learn, trust, celebrate & live life fully today

He refused to colour on white paper and instead would only colour on his mama's list... oh well... it's a loved on list... plus he's helped me cross of many things on my list :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment