Thursday 12 February 2015

Grounded at YVR & very thankful

Tuesday, Xhevat witnessed what we believe was me having a seizure. It wasn't long or violent and he was able to do all that we'd talked about doing if it ever happened. Within moments I was conscious and speaking coherently and orientated x3.

And so the nurse in me questioned him. Length of seizure, arm/eye/head positioning, meds given, noises I made, if I slept afterward & for how long, etc. This was incredibly scary for each of us.

We're also aware of travel insurance (or my lack thereof it) and what health challenges that might bring. So for three of us, our trip is over and we're home. We'll hopefully get to see my doctor soon.

The earliest flights we could get home was for yesterday.  My sister, husband and I travelled back then.  The remaining will return later. Oh what an adventure this trip has been!

I called my oncologist immediately upon return and he suggested I go to Emerg, so I'm lying here in Emerg, just had an MRI and am being monitored.  I haven't had any new symptoms.

Please pray specifically for the safe return of my family, that my cancer has not progressed, and pray against fear of the unknown.

Updated Feb. 12, 2015
What I Have Survived Since Feb 12, 2013
(in 260 Appointments)

IVs (successful) x 88
Bloodwork (successful) x 87
IVs or Bloodwork (unsuccessful) x 20
Biopsies x 13 (I think)

Chemo x 18 cycles including:
IV Chemo x 29 doses
Oral Chemo x 792 pills

Bone strengthening infusion x 25
Injections x 12
Brain radiation x 15
Other radiation x 3
Tattoos x 6

MRI x 6
CT x 17
Ultrasound x 3
Xray x 9
ECHO x 1
Surgery x 2
Minor surgery x 1

Days in hospital x 9
ER visits x 3

Parking Ticket x one given incorrectly & almost another one

Coming Hoe
C

No comments:

Post a Comment