Sunday 15 February 2015

Valentine's Day

Two years ago, I met my oncologist and got really bad news. Last year I hosted a party celebrating life and love. I wanted to celebrate the people in my life who have made an impact. This year I've got some family with me and I'm keeping the party quiet.

A trip to Florida last week to the "Happiest Place in the World" turned into a very different experience which was cut short. I had a seizure. Our best action was to get back to BC. Three of the ten of us returned and drove straight to the hospital from the airport where I was admitted. I spent a night in Emerg (had an MRI) and another night on the oncology unit. Just as we were to be discharged (and literally being transferred to the wheelchair), I had a second seizure... so back to bed for me.

After a few hours of recovery, we decided it was time to go home. And that's where we are now.

We are all very tired. If little things could have gone wrong, they did. We are all relatively unscathed but weary and emotional. It seems that stressful situations (people, noise, making big decisions, etc.) overwhelm me so I'm asking that communications be kept to email or Facebook. No visitors at this time please.

Since I didn't go on rides at Disney World, I created my personal roller in ER!

4 comments:

  1. Don't know what exactly to say here as it can all sound so trite. Praying so hard for you an your family. Sitting here with a heart aching at what must be a small fraction of those surrounding you (and your own poor heart). You are so inspiring and amazing and strong. And certainly kinder and more compassionate than you have any right to be with all that is happening. I know I wouldn't be. I admire you with my who heart. Thank you for sharing your vulnerability and humanity. You are incredible. Everyone who is touched by you is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to the above comment! We will continue praying and learning from your strength and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying praying praying. I get your updates via Shannon s on FB and I am praying for you and your sweet family. what a journey you're on. i have no words that are adequate but I am praying with hope for you all, and I pray you experience God's grace and closeness to you in it all. thank you for sharing so we can walk alongside you in this way. with love and prayers from toronto - annie (baxter) brandner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of love from both of here Krista, to you and your family. I wish you could know how much your story and your strength have impacted me and others, probably all around the world. You are an inspiration. I have and will continue to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete