Wednesday 21 August 2013

One Year

One year ago today as the sun was rising over the mountain tops, I woke up Xhevat and told him it was time to go to the hospital. 

With a lot of joy and a little fear of what would come, we told the admitting clerk that I was wanting to be admitted because I was going to have a baby. She chuckled a little as I didn't appear to be in much discomfort (a day prior the doctor was also chuckling and telling me that I should get ready for another couple weeks of pregnancy).

We went through the next twelve hours walking, picking blackberries, more walking, napping & being monitored. After a few hours of decent discomfort, we got to meet our son.

Little did we know how much we would or could love him or how much joy he would bring to our lives. When we held that little boy in our arms, we didn't know about his morning smiles, frequent pukes (which he has thankfully outgrown), wispy curls, constant motion, unquenchable curiosity, loveable nature, and outbursts of celebratory clapping & cheering.

I really didn't want to sleep that first night. I was absolutely amazed by the miracle of my precious boy and didn't want to miss a single yawn, smile, burp or fart. Even moreso I don't want to miss any of my son's special moments... and that feeling has only intensified. I head into this next year of Matias' life with a lot of joy and a little bit of fear as well.

We love you so much Matias & are so thankful that God has chosen us to be your parents and you to be our son. Be patient with us as we learn and grow with you. Thank you for bringing joy to each new day and being a constant reminder of God's goodness and faithfulness. You are our gift of God and we thank Him for you daily.

Meeting our miracle


Celebrating one year!

No comments:

Post a Comment