Friday 2 August 2013

I Gave My Doctor the Finger

The middle one. Yes, it's true. I gave my doctor the finger... twice! I did the same to a couple nurses. And I was smiling cheekily as I was doing it!

As you know, my finger nails have been a bit of an issue lately. Two nails have lifted so far (my middle fingers). Parts of another four nails are starting to become damaged. We'll see what happens with those four. Unfortunately, (at least) one of my fingernails has become infected.

My doctor suggested that I take a week off chemo and give my nails a chance to heal up a bit. So yesterday I had no chemo... no Benadryl jitters/coma... and no steroid buzz. Just antibiotics.... sleep... and healing fingernails.

If this would have happened earlier on in my treatment, my reactions would probably have been much different. But it's August and I've been doing this for a while now. I know the chemo is working. My liver enzymes continue to improve (they're still normal). A week off is not a big deal. We'll take things as they come.

Here's to showing off my owies and giving people the finger!

My two bandaids: it's too bad I still had bloodwork done before chemo was cancelled

1 comment:

  1. Not too bad about the bloodwork! You still get to celebrate normal LFTs!!! :) L

    ReplyDelete