Monday 29 July 2013

No News is Good News

I've been "silent" online for the last little bit. Life has been full.

An eleven month old boy who is walking & climbing walls (literally). A visit from my parents for the last week. Dinner with my cousin and her family. My bone strengthening infusion. And completing six cycles (24 doses) of chemo!

Lots of things happening. As I've shared before, the protocol for my kind of treatment is 2-6 cycles... but as I've continued to respond and my side effects have been very tolerable, we're planning on continuing more chemo. A CT in another three weeks will let me know what's going on inside.

Back in February when I was diagnosed, my liver was extremely unhappy. One of the ways my liver showed this was by my bloodwork and more specifically my liver enzymes. One of my enzymes was over four times the normal limit; another was over eight times normal. Slowly they have been trending downward.

This past Friday, Xhevat and I had a little celebration when I got the printout of my bloodwork and all of my liver enzymes were within normal limits. And a cheer went up from my amazing nurses as well!

We have so much to be thankful for!

Medically, this month holds a few doctors' appointments, bloodwork & chemo, bone strengthening infusion and a CT.

Thanks to some "extra" weeks of parental leave, we are blessed to be able to have some good family time planned for this next month... time to spend together and make memories. And at the end of our time together, we get to celebrate Matias' first birthday with family & friends!

So thankful for:
- family & family time
- normal liver enzymes
- cancer killing chemo
- nurses and doctors who go beyond treating my physical needs
- prayer & those who pray for us
- Xhevat & Matias (and even JR most days)


What I Have Survived Since Feb 12
(in 61 Appointments)

IVs (successful) x 41
IVs (unsuccessful) x 7
Bloodwork x 38
Biopsies x 12 (I think)

Chemo x 24
Bone strengthening infusion x 6

MRI x 1
CT x 3
Ultrasound x1
Xray x 3

Parking Ticket x almost one

3 comments:

  1. And praise God for wonderful friends, like you! and for miracles :) xoxo Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krista - I am so glad that your on-line absence was for all of the best reasons. I think of you frequently. Take good care and an early Happy 1st Birthday to Matias. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such EXCITING news re you liver count, etc. Praise God for His faithfulness to you!
    I saw you running after Matias two Sunday's ago. Such a blessing to see you
    manage him so well!

    ReplyDelete