Sunday 15 June 2014

My Son's Father

I remember very clearly when I was told, "You'll be a great mom Krista." This time it was different. It was being said by a man that I was interested and who was interested in me. And I could see him being a great dad! I saw in him an ability to earn the respect of the large groups of children at our English camp but in a way that they had fun and actually enjoyed listening. That was one of the first things that I noticed about him (the good looks were just a plus).

I am so thankful for my son's father. Since this is a day to celebrate dads, I want to honour the man who has fed, changed diapers (including the poopy ones), bathed, entertained, put to sleep, woken up with, taught both developmental milestones and values, etc. to a very special little boy and has taken on many of these things singlehandedly this last year. On top of that he has cared for the many needs of our household, dog, and me all while holding down his job. I think he's pretty amazing... and so does my son. 

It is so clear to see how much my boy loves his daddy by the way he runs into his daddy's open arms when he comes home from work, the way his head snuggles into and his arms wrap around his daddy's neck when he's lifted up and the combination of delight & terror in his eyes when he gets thrown into the air only makes him laugh and cling to his daddy even more. My boy & his daddy have a very special bond.

Looking to an uncertain future, I know my son will be loved, cared for and nurtured in a Godly way and will be instilled with the same values I have because of my boy's daddy. I believe that there will be days when he doesn't feel that he can handle anything more and he's going to feel like giving up and he's going to need a community of support. But God is bigger than all of this and I entrust my boy's daddy (and my boy) to Him.

My boy's daddy is also pretty quiet and private about things so I might get in trouble for even saying what I've said publicly... I just can't help but be so grateful for him in my life that I'm willing to risk it.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not going to say he's perfect (cause he's not) and I certainly don't need to stroke his ego (cause he knows how I feel about him already)... but I do need to say that my son has an incredible father and for that I want to honour him today. I love my boy's daddy and I am so incredibly blessed to have him in my life. 

One day our son will be able to let you know how incredible you are... until then, let me tell you... you are an amazing father and I love you more! Happy Father's Day!

The first time he held his son

Unconditional love between a daddy & son

Photo bombed

4 comments:

  1. Happy Fathers Day, Xhevat. You are a good father and husband. God bless you three with blessings abundant.
    Dana Whitfield

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tribute Krista! Xhevat is indeed a great father and I know Matias loves him a lot! I love the pictures, snapshots of life. Praying for you all! HUGGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest of fathers day to you Xhevat.
    From Robyn and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.....touching beyond words......and so TRUE! Bless you Xhevat, on Father's Day and every day. You are a special family & it is a privilege to be part of your journey.

    ReplyDelete