Monday 2 June 2014

Quietness & Chemo

I've been quiet for a bit since returning from Kosova and processing a lot. Blog entries have been started & may or may not be finished. Just trying to get through jet lag (and sleeplessness from steroids), process the last few weeks & make decisions for the future. It has been quite emotional.

I met with my oncologist this morning. My CT shows that the cancer in my liver & spine are remaining stable. That is good. The majority of my bloodwork is normal. That is also good. I don't know about my brain metastases. It wasn't/won't be scanned unless there are new symptoms and although I'm curious, it probably doesn't matter in the long run.

Xhevat and I were able to choose from my treatment options which ranged from getting chemo injected directly into the fluid space in my brain to doing nothing & stopping treatment. We have chosen an oral chemo. There aren't any great options for treatment of my brain metastases due to their locations but we'll give it a try. So tomorrow I'll have a teaching session & start chemo again... round three!

Thank you for continuing on this journey with us.

The view from where a friend & I had a picnic today... wonderfully relaxing & just what I needed.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we need to absorb the natural beauty that lies before us. Too often we take it all for granted because of the busyness of our lives. I am so glad you enjoyed this beautiful spot with a friend today! Also very happy that your liver and spine test remained stable.Another friend of mine is receiving chemo for a second bout of endometrial cancer and on meeting with her oncologist, they had a very indepth conversation and he said " You know I believe in miracles and I believe they can happen more than once." He also told her that he was a Christian too. This too me really showed that Doctors are human and have emotions too! Just thought you might enjoy hearing a bit of her story! Always thinking of you and what an inspiration you are to all!
    Cheryl C.

    ReplyDelete