Thursday 29 May 2014

Back to This Reality

It was a wonderfully difficult thirteen days! Travelling with a toddler was hard, many conversations were troubling & my heart is weary. Our trip was also filled with so many special moments of mutual encouragement, tender acts of love done for my family, and so many opportunities to share my hope in Jesus.

Between jet lag, steroids, unpacking, an emotional trip & a toddler, I'm tired.

Fortunately, we came home to grandparents who are here for us to do anything (including toddler over night jet lag care)! And we came home to a house that had been cleaned top to bottom for us! We are so thankful for both of these.

Today I get back into the medical routine of things... bloodwork & a CT. And next week we meet with my oncologist. Then there's physio, the dentist, my bone strengthening infusion, radiation oncologist... and I haven't even added friends, family time or treatment options to my calendar!

Maybe it's the lack of sleep but I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now. I know it's to be expected. I know I just need to just take a deep breath and relax (much easier said than done). And I know that I'm processing a lot right now.

I'm craving stability & needing rest for my body, soul & mind. Thank you for praying me through this time.

Feeling like I'm in an elevator and I'm the 42nd person.

2 comments: