Monday 19 May 2014

Home to Kosova


What a whirlwind it has been! Our flights over weren't really that eventful. Matias slept very little but was generally content. For this we were grateful! We got bumped up to business class on our last flight (which meant we sat in front of the curtain and received the exact same service -- there is no business class on the plane we were on... Just that curtain. :-)

Xhevat's dad & brother-in-law met us at the airport and the other almost 30 people met us at the Krasniqi apartment. Matias did so well and within minutes was getting everybody to clap when he clapped. His aunts and uncles love to take him out of the apartment to the playground. Each time they come back, they let me know I have a very happy & active child.

These last few days we've had a tough time getting over jet lag. Saturday Xhevat and I woke up at 2am and Matias at 3. That was rough. We've been playing hard as we can and taking it easy as we need it. We need more sleep than we're getting.

Our bellies are larger already. We've been served such wonderful food. My mother-in-law (like my mom) has a very special gift of hospitality. Just getting lots of loving through home cooked cooking.

Physically I've had some new side effects that have been a little worrisome. They're not getting worse but we'd appreciate your ongoing prayers specifically for my brain, liver & spine.

We've spent lots of time so far with family. It is uncommon to have less than 20 people at my in-law's at any given moment. So there is always action and Matias is just soaking it all in!

Spending lots of time with family has led to some really good yet difficult conversations. It's been good and I'm so thankful that we are all here together.

Our original plan had been to come in June for my sister-in-law's wedding. As plans changed, we wanted to celebrate them a little early. So last night 27 of us got together to celebrate and my sister-in-law and I cooked! Nothing crazy... Macaroni & Cheese (2.7kg of cheese!), sausage, and a salad. And then came the music and dancing and snacks and cake! Just being together was wonderful... and by the amount they ate, I think they even enjoyed it too!

At the airport meeting his grandpa for the first time
Family
Cousins
Getting dinner ready
Dinner is served!
Krista & some of my isters
Xhevat and some of his sisters

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us posted on your family visit! Continuing to pray for you and your family as you enjoy Xhevat's family.
    Cheryl C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're enjoying your family time. Thank you as always for sharing your story.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful account of your journey and the great photos of Xhevat's family.
    I can see Matias has stolen the hearts of the family!
    Enjoy the remainder of your time there and safe travels home.
    We are all still praying for a miracle.
    Blessing,

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete