Saturday 10 May 2014

Dear Mom

I love you.

Thank you first and foremost for dedicating me to God as a baby. That single commitment has shaped my life for eternity. Thank you for nurturing me to know how to love and be loved. Thank you for raising me in a safe home. Thank you for allowing me to make mistakes and for teaching me to ask for forgiveness. Thank you for cheering me on when I wanted to give up.

We share so many qualities... both good and bad. It's wonderfully annoying! Our love for hospitality. Our stubbornness... aka determination when we use it for good. Our ability to find humour & joy in really tough circumstances. Our ability to celebrate. Our ability to see people's unspoken hurts, needs & dreams.

Thank you for taking care of me, my husband and my boy with tireless love and concern. When I'm having my bad days, having you take care of me is especially comforting and needed. No mom should have to watch their daughter suffer and it breaks my heart for what you're going through. I wish I could fix the pain that we're going through.

Through it all, you've never left my side. You've stood up for and beside me, encouraged & corrected me, loved & disciplined me and just are an amazing mom.

I love you Mom! Thanks for being my mom.

Your Youngest Daughter

My Mom & Me

Coming Home

4 comments:

  1. Krista, you are amazing.
    Have a wonderful Mothers Day!

    In Christian Love,

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Krista. You are such an amazing woman. You are such an inspiration.
    Wishing you a very special day.

    In Christ your sister.
    Joyce Loudon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said. I know you embraced mothers day with all the joys it has brought you.
    Lots of love
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful mother and a beautiful daughter- you both radiate God's love. We're praying for each of you.. Love Bob and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete