Monday 15 September 2014

My Day of Rest

It's hard to describe my day yesterday... a whole bunch of new experiences and overall, a great day!

Getting Bigger
We dropped our boy off at Sunday School in the 2s & 3s classroom. It is completely logical that he should be in that room but this was his first time with a lesson, craft, etc. As I haven't had much of an immune system, he hasn't been in any "classes" or such (other than the nursery) that would involve phrases as "criss cross applesauce" or circle time. I'll be learning a whole new language. When I asked how he'd done, I was told he was "full of energy." Yup, that's my boy! He came home with a picture he'd coloured and a list of verses that they'll be focusing on (and that he can memorize). My little boy is growing up! 


Assembly Required
We went off to Ikea in the afternoon & picked up a few things. They say that putting together Ikea furniture can be taxing on a relationship. Although we occasionally disagreed on what the next step was (me with the instruction manual & my husband with his construction intuitiveness), we had a blast! It was great to put together a piece of furniture together... and the final product doesn't look too shabby!


Thee, Thou, Dost

I had the privilege of experiencing Bard on the Beach for the first time last night. A Shakespearean play performed under a big top tent on the beach at sunset. And even better than that, I got to experience it with three friends who were old pros of the Bard on the Beach.

Cymbaline (the name of the play). Seven actors. 30ish characters. An interesting & twisting plot. Amazing acting & quick costume changes. Interaction with the audience. A whole lot of laughter (and caffeine as I was up way past my bedtime). Just a great end to a great day.


Time with God & my church family. Time with family. Time with friends. I couldn't have asked for a better day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment