Wednesday 10 September 2014

Whachoo doon?

was changing my boy's diaper yesterday morning when he looked straight at me and said, "Whachoo doon?" (for those who don't speak my boy's attempt at the English language, he said "What are you doing?"). I couldn't help but let out a little giggle as I was doing what I've done hundreds or possible thousands of times before.

It's really easy to get caught up in the tasks of the day, like changing diapers, and lose sight of why we do what we do each day.

While having lunch with a friend, I had an opportunity to see some of the ways that God is using His story in my life to impact others. When I've had my down days, I've asked Him if He would show me what He's doing. It's been a while since I've asked but yesterday He gave me a glimpse through my friend and a new friend, and it has reminded me of purpose that has come from my cancer.

So today when you're doing your routine tasks that seem monotonous, meaningless or even painful, know that He can use what you're doing to change a heart. And if you can't see what He's doing... ask Him... "Whachoo doon?" You never know, He just might tell you.


No comments:

Post a Comment