Thursday 30 October 2014

Disappointed

I got my CT results today. They weren't bad and they weren't great. I had hoped for great. I still only have one lesion on my brain but it has grown a bit... so it's not stable.

I've been offered to have more imaging and a referral to see if I'm a candidate for another type of radiation (which would also have its potential benefits and risks).

As my cancer is not stable (there's still some growing in my brain), I still can't drive. My doctor is so considerate and felt badly for having to say no. It is good to have compassionate people on my team.

I'm disappointed but I have to remember the big picture. Half of the people who have my diagnosis have already died. I still have a really good quality of life. The growth of my brain lesion was minimal. I'm doing well & my hope hasn't changed. 

I've actually had a pretty decent week. With God's help, I haven't spiralled downward in anticipation of getting these results. It's not the news that I wanted to receive but it's also not horrible. I'm thankful that there aren't more spots of cancer on my brain... but was really hoping and praying for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment