Monday 13 October 2014

Turkey & Chemo

It's been a different Thanksgiving weekend. I've been having a tougher time & I'm thinking it's because I'm getting to my lower times physically & emotionally in terms of my chemo side effects. I've got a lot to look forward to and a lot I'm thankful for. But this Thanksgiving I'm having to choose to be thankful. What I mean is that when I'm not feeling as well, I have to choose to remember the many things that are blessings in my life.

My stubbornness shows itself in many ways... for right now, it's keeping my mind & heart in line and not letting it get too discouraged. Physically, I'm doing fine... just not quite as much energy as I'd like. I'm thankful that our boy is getting to spend a fun morning at the park and sleeping better at night (which makes life so much better for all of us). I'm thankful that my cancer cells are willing to accept my chemo assisted suicide. And I'm thankful for my family. God is good.

Celebrating with my two favourite people

I'm thankful for turkey dinner & my chemo (that's NOT my plate... it's the serving plate with leftovers)

1 comment:

  1. Yum, yum. That serving plate of leftovers looks wonderful. Happy Canada Thanksgiving. I love you sense of humor and stubborn, unstoppable spirit. God bless you, dear friend (s). Dana and Naomi.

    ReplyDelete