Monday 20 October 2014

The Mark of the Cross

Today starts a busy two weeks for me. It started earlier today with a radiation planning session. By the end of next week I'll have had seven appointments ranging from radiation to a CT to bloodwork. My mind is already racing.

In my case, the radiation planning session is basically getting the best picture of the area where the cancer is causing pain/damage. With a few marks and more detailed picture, they can focus the zap of radiation in the right place. I had Xhevat mark a couple spots on my back that were more painful and then at today's appointment I got a few more marks. Fortunately, these marks were only made by markers and not tattoos. The clear, circular stickers are there to ensure the marks won't fade when I shower. I was told that I can't lose the center mark of the cross... how true, how true.

This is going to be a marathon of appointments for me and I'm starting it off with a sore throat & runny nose. Can you pray specifically for energy, endurance and an immune system to fight my cold and still get chemo next week? And that I'll never lose the mark of the cross.

A professional did this... not my toddler.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Krista, my name is Cissy Tsoi. I am one of Nick and Dianne's good friends from Hong Kong. Your parents talked about you during we met last time. Your strong and positive life attitude and faith encourage me a lot! I will keep praying for your health and ask God's healing power to come upon you and speed up recovery of breast cancer. I bought a Jasmine Tea from China for you which smells very good. Let's see how to deliver the tea to you. God bless you! Cissy

    ReplyDelete