Wednesday 14 January 2015

Grace

I've been finding myself a little short on grace lately. I know I have lots of justifiable reasons why I could be less filled with grace -- my brain metastases, cancer in general, my steroids, lack of sleep, a toddler, etc. -- but as I'm able I don't want to use those simply as excuses to justify my sharp tongue and lack of filter.

It's January -- a very difficult month for many. The merriness of Christmas and New Years have been exchanged for paying off bills and greyer weather. The highs of celebrations and family have been concluded and loneliness and the whirlwind starts to set in.

Can we try to change that? Can I try and change that? Extend a little grace -- both for yourself and others. A smile and genuine interest in someone else's life might change the paths of your futures. A coffee might show love, concern & caring for the value and dignity of the other. And a little grace for yourself might acknowledge just how hard this journey can be and that we don't have to have it all together at every moment.

Today I'm thankful for grace extended to me and for the grace I've seen made visible to others. Continue on Christmas and grace into the hearts and crevasses of January!

P.S. It's been another rough week for me. Side effects of everything, a great palliative care team, tough decisions -- but made, a tantrum with God, my first panic attack. Family hurts and concerns here and in Kosova.

Grace, Krista, grace. You'll be ok. Do something for someone else. You're not the only one in hurting & in need. Let others in and let them do for you as well. You're loved & not alone.

My Haitian Nativity Set -- may Christmas continue

1 comment:

  1. God's grace shows in all you say and do,Krista.Mostly in who you are.Thank you for allowing us to glimpse at such grace.

    ReplyDelete