Thursday 1 January 2015

January 1, 2015

We've made it to 2015! To some it might mean a fresh start, to others an end to a great year, to others just another day or year.

I'm not sure how to take it.

I've had some ups and downs this week. It has been so good to have family here and we are celebrating. They've seen me flying high on steroids and cooking meals for ten (with their help, of course). They've also seen me green and puking in the toilet unable to walk independently as my ankle sometimes loses all control and sensation for a few minutes at a time. My cancer is certainly playing in my brain at times and it's a little scary to experience it happening.

Six doses of whole brain radiation have been completed. I've had five appointments so far this week... three more to go tomorrow. And then I think only four more next week. These are busy days and it is so good to not have to worry about transportation or babysitting or personally being cared for with my family here. I just put out the time of the appointment/request and they "fight" over who gets to take me. My hair will fall out in the next week or two. And my steroids will continue for the next few weeks to months after radiation.

So what does 2015 bring for me? I don't know. 

Healing would be fantastic! Medically (and realistically) it's unlikely but I will still stubbornly ask God for it. A vacation with family in February (right at the time when my side effects could be the worst... yup, that's typical me too). Beyond that, I'm not planning much... no huge new year's resolutions, no goal setting (other than potty training Matias), just trying to be fully present in today and taking what comes.

Happy New Years Friends!

Day Six of Whole Brain Radiation: getting lined up (eye holes cut)


My New "Business" Cards: it sure beats writing out the website

1 comment: