Monday 29 December 2014

And Yet Still Celebrating...

Yesterday my sister and her family drove in from the Interior and we got to start Christmas celebrations all over again. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, spinach arborio salad, trifle, cheesecake... yummy! Matias chose not to eat a single bite of dinner. My nephew recited the whole Christmas story by memory. Presents were opened and we ended the evening with Dance Kids on Wii (started off by my parents "wiggles"). We had a downright hilarious evening. It is so good to have all of my family here.

Today was back to radiation and a doctor's appointment. Between everything, I have eight appointments this week and lots of babysitters and chauffeurs for help. It's part-time job.

I also get to just chill, love on and be loved on by my family. Thoughts of this potentially being my last Christmas still hover in my thoughts but if this is my last Christmas, I'm going to go out with a bang and lots of celebrations!

Tonight was Albanian food! Flija, sallat, ajvar, dhe speca e pjekur (a layered crepe-like savoury dish, cucumber, tomato & onion salad, spicy roasted pepper paste and roasted peppers). Yummy! My sister helped and is now an expert at cooking flija... and she hadn't every eaten it before!

Enjoying family & feeling very blessed.

Flija

Family

1 comment: