Wednesday 10 December 2014

Not What We Wanted

Not the news we wanted.

The good news is that the "floaters" and one of my brain mets are stable.

The bad news is that two more brain metastases have grown in size and my spine is worse.

Because of my symptoms, the plan is to repeat whole brain radiation starting the week after Christmas. Side effects are usually worse the second time around with whole brain radiation. They can include nausea, vomiting, brain swelling, memory loss, and dementia.

We are sad.

Right now I'm in a place of... this just sucks. I'm sitting in a sad place and just want to stay here for a bit. At this time, I don't really want encouragement or positive thinking. I just want to start processing this hurt and start this new grieving process. Can you please do this with me?

I still have hope and am still asking for a miracle.

He fits in the Wii box

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for trusting enough to share...this news is sad and not what any of us wants to hear. Your attitude and spirit through this have been amazing and you're entitled to grieve and be sad with this news. When I pray for you I always ask for a miracle and then I ask that no matter what, He would give you peace and take away the pain. I will continue to pray for you... My heart is heavy for you tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad & heavy-hearted with you, sister. But still trusting in the One who created us & loves us more than we can ever know. Call if you want - or don't. You are on my heart & in my prayers regardless. I'm happy to come sit with you any time - text me if u want 604-825-7579. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in our prayers and we trust God with you. He loves even in our darkest and sad moments, and is still able to perform miracles as He deems best. We will allow you to grieve and we will along with you and please know we are here for you. Matias is so cute and looks like his dad, and his mom. What a fortunate young one to have you two as parents. Love you,

    Dana and Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it sucks. Joining you in saying it sucks. Hugs. -Amie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad and heavy hearted with you Krista. Agree with you, this just sucks. And we are going to keep praying, because we care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad with you. Www.Americanaci.com has testimonials that could provide you with... Hope?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart is heavy for you, Krista. I will continue to pray for a miracle, for some restful sleep for you and your family and healing for your body.
    - Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does suck! Big time!!! 😫 Keeping you in my prayers for peace and healing.
    ❤️ Shauna

    ReplyDelete