Sunday 14 December 2014

Promises Fulfilled

Today was the first time my boy performed on stage (well, the first time he was invited to perform anyway). He went on stage bravely with other 2 & 3 year olds and sang the occasional word as his parents and grandparents beamed with pride and giggled with joy. One was recording with video, one capturing it on camera. I put my phone down and just watched. It was my first time seeing him with his peers sharing about Jesus. Our desire is that his love for Jesus and sharing Him only grows in Him as he grows. What a privilege to see this little guy learn about God & what Jesus has done for us!

But I also wept as I sat there. More than likely, this will be my last opportunity to see him in a Christmas play. This breaks my heart.

The name of the program was "Promises Fulfilled" -- the promises about Jesus made throughout the Bible are true and completed (except for the ones that haven't happened yet). The kids shared Bible verses and four of the hundreds of promises that Jesus fulfilled. Personally, it was a great reminder of why I don't have to be afraid of my future. Because Jesus came to earth, died, and rose again... I have been offered life forever with Him. What more can I ask for? What more do I need?

Physically, emotionally & spiritually, it took a bunch of energy today to get our family to church today (with my little boy in an adorable outfit)... but it was worth every minute of reminders of "Promises Fulfilled."

My favourite picture that I've seen today... a volunteer pointing out where mama and daddy were sitting. He saw us waving and gave us a huge smile. Mama loves her boy so much and couldn't have been more proud of her boy.

5 comments:

  1. Ah he is so cute. Your words touched my heart Krista. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome to be reminded of the power of God's promises -- Great is His faithfulness. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought tears to my eyes Krista.... I'm so glad you just watched, as you said. A good reminder to all of us - not one of us is promised a tomorrow. Love you and wish I could be closer and visit you.... Sarah

    ReplyDelete