Sunday 7 December 2014

A Quick Trip to the Emergency Room

I had another disturbing night last night. This week my headache & vomiting have been different -- worse. So finally last night after vomiting yet again, I called the oncologist on call for opinion. She told me to go in to Emerg. 

Just before my youngster's bedtime the three of us packed into the car for an unknown length of stay at the hospital.

To make a long story short... I had my 15th CT and nothing looks bad enough to need to intervene immediately. An MRI will be done to my head this week as it can see my brain better than a CT (but a CT could be done immediately and a MRI would take some time to organize). I also got some IV pain meds, an antinauseant, and fluids. And in the Christmas spirit, I gave some blood and the results we were looking at are all within the norm for me.

We got home at 1am (oh and did I mention our boy did not sleep at all at the hospital?), we were tired. The boy is always wanting to be a part of the action (as his mama shakes her head) and it took him a bit to calm himself so that he could sleep.

I'm thankful for our healthcare system, the just over four hour ER visit which answered a bunch of questions and hopefully broke the pain and vomiting cycles, and for my family that didn't want to just drop me off/come back later but waited with me through the good and the bad of an ER visit. Plus I'm also thankful that I only needed to two pokes last night (one for bloodwork and one for the IV). Hoping for a better week this week than last. And praying for a safe trip for my parents tomorrow.

I was complimented last night on how well that I had put on my mask (apparently I'd pinched it nicely and effectively over the nose). Oh if he only knew that I can tie the isolation gown's tie behind my neck and put on and remove gloves safely as well!

My boy trying to escape out the back when reclining in his stroller. He was pretty decent through our stay... it was only after midnight that he started to get antsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment