Thursday 25 December 2014

How do I go into Christmas celebrations this week?

There is a certain amount of heaviness in my heart. More than likely this will be my last Christmas. I have already been given this miracle of time and am incredibly grateful for what I have.

My heart is burdened for those right in the middle of the storm due hospitalizations, death, broken and hurt relationships and fears, and the hunger, hatred & violence around the world don't really warm my heart either.

So what can I do and how do I process all of this?

Pour out as he poured out.

Bless on someone else. Douse them with something unexpected -- a cookie, a coffee, an email of encouragement, picking up the garbage of their front lawn, baking something they love, praying, letting them know how much I love them, just being present with them in spirit.

That's my plan for these celebrations. It's just to try and be present with those in my life. The bacon may burn, the present might not come out completely as I'd prefer, we may say things that we probably shouldn't have... but let's try and be present with those whom we are with and just pass on a little more of the love and peace that little baby in the manger has given us.

Merry Christmas my friends!

P.S. Our boy decided the candle at the end of the service last night was for him. Before the usher even got to our seats to light our candles...he'd blown hers out! She regrouped and when the appropriate time came, he blew out his candle with clapping & cheering. We all just sort melted into convulsions of giggles and joy in this much anticipated part of the service. That's my boy and he brings me much joy!

1 comment: