Thursday 20 June 2013

Get Away

Have you ever felt like you just needed to get away from it all? I've definitely been feeling that lately. Between appointments and every day life, my mind hasn't felt like it has had the opportunity to fully work through the way life has changed. And with (hopefully at least) another five weeks of chemo, I really feel like I need to go to some of those places.

So this weekend I'm getting away. Matias and I will be going to Kelowna. While he stays with my sister, I'm going to retreat for a couple nights. Just me, my cancer, my Bible, a book, some cards & a camera.

I'm wanting to go to some of those hard places with my heart centered on the hope that I have.

Would you be praying for me please?
- Safety while traveling & for a contented kid
- Being away from my husband and my boy (I've never spent a night away from my boy)
- To go to some dark places and be able to process some of my thoughts and feelings (the rational and irrational ones)
- To be able to get some rest and rejuvenation
- To come back and be in a better frame of mind so that I can be a better Krista, wife, mother, daughter, sister & friend

I plan to come back just in time for my next week's busyness of my bone strengthening infusion, doctor's appointment, bloodwork & chemo.

I also wanted to thank you for praying for my liver this past week. Please continue to do so (I long for the day when my doctor has to tell me that there is no evidence of disease in my liver).  The one liver enzyme that jumped up to triple the normal limit in a really short period of time is now back within normal limits (and is the lowest it's been since starting chemo). And the rest of my bloodwork was exactly what we were expecting and I was able to get my full dose of chemo today. 

This is all good and is a great way to enter into this weekend's journey. Thank you for walking with me, my faith, and my cancer especially through these next few days.



2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Will be praying diligently for you this weekend, my sweet sister! Love, hugs & prayers....trusting that our Father will hold you close & gently lead you through those 'dark places'. You are so loved! such an inspiration! an amazing mom, wife, friend, living proof that God is enough - ALWAYS & forever! I love you sweet Krista! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista, I just wanted you to know that you truly are an inspiring woman of God. I am and will continue to be praying for you, your body and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete