Tuesday 4 June 2013

Sign Me Up...

Sign me up for two more months of chemo!

While this might not be happy news for most people, this is great news for me! I had my doctor's appointment today and the cancer in my liver continues to decrease! There are still too many lesions on my liver to count but they're getting smaller. And my doctor is saying yes to things he'd said no to when I was first diagnosed. So bring on two more months of chemo and we'll go from there.

It's so difficult to be on the roller coaster of getting treatment but not knowing if it's working. And then you have the scans and you wait to hear the results. And then you get the results and a plan is formulated and you wait another month or two before you have any idea if things are working.

And in the middle of all of the hurrying up to wait... the prayers of many are lifting me up... and I'm alive and living!

Our family had a very relaxed weekend. The cold is going through our family so we had some forced family down time. No agenda. Taking care of each other. Tears and laughter. And lots of fluids.

Four months (16 doses) of chemo in me... and two more months of chemo to come! Praise the Lord!

What I Have Survived Since Feb 12
(in 44 Appointments)

IVs (successful) x 27
IVs (unsuccessful) x 5
Bloodwork x 27
Biopsies x 12 (I think)

Chemo x 16
Bone strengthening infusion x 4

MRI x 1
CT x 3
Ultrasound x1
Xray x 3

Parking Ticket x almost one


Me & My Boy 
(in our new socks that we wore to get today's good news)

4 comments:

  1. And what good news it is!! :) xoxo Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Tim & Lana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Krista. I so understand this roller coaster that you are on. I experienced it as the support person for my friend. On to the next hill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo!! And the socks! And the good news about 2 more months of chemo!

    ReplyDelete