Wednesday 6 November 2013

Opportunities

One of the things I've been praying for on this journey is for there to be purpose from my cancer for me and others.

For many years I've wanted to be working overseas as a nurse and for a time I was able to do that. Right now both of these have been put on hold. For the current moment, my role is being a wife, stay-at-home mom and patient. But I want to do more... and I've been praying for more.

Let me share with you about two special opportunities I have. One was to be in a promotional video to raise funds for a piece of equipment for the Breast Health Clinic at JPOC. I was asked to share my story to put a face to the need. This video shoot happened the day before yesterday.

I'm looking forward to my second opportunity as well. Next week I've been asked to share my story to nursing students at TWU. The desire here is to share my personal experience of what has been helpful (or not) along the way so that as future healthcare providers, they can provide more competent care through the journey (their words... not mine).

These are just a couple of the opportunities that have come my way & I am thrilled! Especially now, I want to be used & I'm thankful for these opportunities.

On a side note, chemo went well. I got my red chemo injected. Since you all can't be seated beside me watching this, I thought I'd include a picture... the red is my chemo... NOT blood. Cool, huh? As well, I'm happily reporting that nausea so far has been minimal & I've had no vomiting. For this I'm thankful. Thank you for continuing to keep us all in your prayers.

Getting Chemo

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Krista Thank you for speaking to the TWU Nursing Yr IV class. Just to say that Darlane and I were grateful for all you shared & we have a sense that your openness & honesty has "changed the way" the class members will be in clinical and future practice. Thank you for coming to the School. I will continue to hold you and your family up in prayer through your journey.

    ReplyDelete