Monday 4 November 2013

Peeing Red

Tomorrow I'm going to be peeing red... that's right... peeing red! It's one of the side effects of my chemo which I'm happy to say that I'll be receiving tomorrow.  My neutrophils are at a totally acceptable (actually normal) level to receive chemo... much, much higher than last week!

And on top of that, my liver enzymes appear to be stable in comparison with last week... which means that waiting an extra week to get chemo hasn't been bad for my liver.

Thank you for praying with me for this! And I'm thankful for how He chose to answer our prayers.

I've shared earlier that I've been struggling with some anxiety and I think my anxiety has been affecting how I've been sleeping and the amount of nausea/vomiting I've had. So I've changed a few things in my life (added a couple extra medications) and have been trying to surrender my worries, fears, plans, etc. to the One who is in control.

So tomorrow I have two appointments... one with a dietician and another for chemo. I'm looking forward to seeing some familiar chemo nurses and getting chemo. And as far as the side effects go, I'm hopeful that they won't be as strong or long lasting as last time. We'll see.

Thank you for continuing with me on this journey.


What I Have Survived Since Feb 12
(in 93 Appointments)

IVs (successful) x 48
IVs or Bloodwork (unsuccessful) x 7
Bloodwork x 52
Biopsies x 13 (I think)

Chemo x 25
Bone strengthening infusion x 9

MRI x 1
CT x 5
Ultrasound x 2
Xray x 4
ECHO x 1
Surgery x 1

Parking Ticket x almost one

Ginger for Nausea


1 comment:

  1. Yeah for those neutrophils! Keep 'em comin'!
    Keeping you in our prayers, before the throne of the One who Knows you,
    Diane Dower

    ReplyDelete