Tuesday 1 July 2014

Happy Birthday Canada

Today I'm thankful for my country's medical system. It's certainly not perfect and it has made mistakes that have affected my life greatly... but when those mistakes were discovered, people moved. And they moved quickly! From initial assessment (including MRI, ultrasounds, biopsies, CT, X-ray, and bloodwork) to receiving pathology results was only 50 hours and I met my oncologist 3 hours later. Then it was only 19 hours (a sleepless night) until I started chemo.

If you've been following my blog, you know how much/many chemo, bloodwork, CTs, MRIs, radiation, nights of hospitalization, doctor's appointments, etc. I've had. With my immediate family's resources, we could not have afforded this treatment. Instead we've ended up paying for parking and some extra medications. We are grateful that we only have these as our bills... and that I haven had to buy the $60 mouthwash yet.

So Canada, for all of the taxes, potholes, speed bumps, parking tickets, red tape, construction, etc., I gladly thank you because without the hundreds of thousands of dollars you have spent on my life these last 17 months, I wouldn't be here celebrating with you. Thank you BC & Canada and Happy Birthday Canada!

Out Celebrating Today

A Fall That Was NOT My Fault:
Yesterday the fabric on our zero gravity chair ripped sending me (and more specifically my butt) plunging downward onto the concrete below. My face was spared this time, but my back, butt and elbows took the brunt of my fall. I might look really awkward in the picture and it's because after getting over the shock and then laughing so hard, I had to contemplate how to get out. I pulled one leg into the ripped frame (at which point I decided we had to document this moment with a picture) and somehow managed to contort my other leg to get it inside the frame. Xhevat then freed from my zero gravity jail by lifting it's twisted frame drove my head. Just another adventure in the life of the Krasniqi's! And you are certainly are allowed to laugh and enjoy this unfortunate event at my expense. :-)

3 comments:

  1. A very nice tribute to our wonderful home, Canada!
    It's by far the best country in the world.
    I'm so glad to be born here.
    Still praying for you and your little family.

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Krists!! I too am very grateful to be a Canadian! Sending lots of love your way to you and your family. Grateful that they have been able to support you in this special and practical way. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree. The medical system advantages far outweigh its short comings. I am truly grateful for it every day.
    Luv Robyn and Jack

    ReplyDelete