Thursday 4 April 2013

Scattered Thoughts

Another busy week.

Bone strengthening infusion done. Genetic counseling done. CT done. Just bloodwork and chemo to go.

Xhevat got his Canadian passport yesterday and is on his way to Kosovo as I write this (5 min until his first flight is scheduled to land). I miss him already. I had been hoping to go to the airport in Seattle with him but woke up this morning vomiting. Ondansetron is a good thing.

Between the passport office, medical appointments, last minute shopping and packing, yesterday was a very full day and I was thankful that the side effects from my infusion were manageable. Today, my body needed to rest and recover and I'm glad I could do that.

This week Matias learned how to get from lying on his tummy to sitting up. He showed his new learned skill off to his grandma today. He continues to bring many smiles to my face every day... especially when he tries to chase and catch our rather large dog when he's army crawling.

I certainly never planned this kind of a maternity leave (nor would I recommend it)... but this is my life right now. I'm happy that I have my parents here, Xhevat is able to spend some time with his family, and I have many precious moments with my boy and I'd really like to wake up from this nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment