Wednesday 24 April 2013

The Top Ten Benefits of Chemo

In the midst of many tears, sometimes a good laugh (and some dark humor) is essential. Dad and I came up with this list a couple weeks ago while I was getting chemo. We thought of many more benefits but I've condensed it down to the top ten. Should you enjoy dark humor and think of more benefits to getting chemo/cancer, write it in the comments and we can all enjoy it!

Without further delay, I present to you...
The Top Ten Benefits of Chemo

10. I spend less money on shampoo, conditioner, mousse, gel, etc.
9. I don't have to lie about my use of steroids and narcotics
8. Free coffee, hot chocolate & juice at the Cancer Agency
7. I am able to fix my hair before I have a shower
6. Family and friends visit, call, & write more often
5. I spend a lot less time shaving & plucking unwanted hair and making sure the wanted hair is looking good
4. Live-in childcare and delicious meals given by loved ones
3. I've been given the opportunity to appreciate my inner beauty through government paid photography sessions (MRIs, CTs, Xrays, etc.)
2. I have thousands of people praying for my family and me.
1. My cancer doesn't like it!


(Some friends were celebrating with & supporting me on this journey and came over with their wigs on... and they even had a few extra to spare.  So we had a wig party and laughed a lot. Blonde is definitely not my color.... another benefit to chemo is justifiably growing my wig, hat, and accessories collection)

4 comments:

  1. 11) Getting to wear the most audacious socks or any item of clothing and not having to care about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious & I hardly recognize your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon Krushel24 April 2013 at 19:53

    12) Chance to attain total Phase 10 supremacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please, give me an humor sense to put 20th benefit here.

    I will announce and ask help to my neighbours.

    James.

    ReplyDelete