Wednesday 5 March 2014

I'm Home

The important things went as planned yesterday. The plans for babysitters (for me & Matias), time of OR, to be admitted or discharged, etc. changed.

All in all, my surgery is done. I learned my neutrophils are back to a normal range. I asked for (and received) some really cool pictures of my insides. I left the hospital with 7 more holes poked into me (IV x 1, bloodwork x 2, surgical stabs x 4).

I slept through surgery (obviously), on the car ride home and basically the whole time since I came home... that's about 17 hours. Today is a new day.

Thank you for praying for me. Please continue to pray for a quick recovery with not too much pain and no complications.

I picked out some special socks to wear yesterday. They had cow spots on them. They reminded me of a dear friend whose mom passed away due to breast cancer. Her mom was not only amazingly kind and loving but also a strong and fierce woman of God. Kids shouldn't have to lose their moms to breast cancer. So yesterday I wanted to honour my friend, Matias, and all the other kids who journey with their moms through breast cancer.

My boy might not like to wear socks... but I sure do!

No comments:

Post a Comment