Saturday 1 March 2014

Wonderful

I don't really want to go home.

Our time away has been really wonderful. It's been a time to relax, enjoy some amazing sites and tastes and just be together as a family.

It hasn't been perfect. We've all been overtired and cranky at various times. Matias has learned to climb out of his pack 'n play very easily now and has a cold. We've missed turns and been stuck in traffic. We've unknowingly received (and eaten) other people's meals. We've gotten sun(burned).

It's been wonderful.

Perhaps the best part of the trip has been that I haven't thought about my cancer very often. The lack of thinking of this has been a wonderful vacation for my heart.

But soon we'll be heading home and back to the many reminders of living with cancer. A doctor's appointment on Monday, surgery on Tuesday, and many other things to follow.

I am so thankful for this vacation. Today I'm going to soak in the sunshine, enjoy the food, be amazed by the ocean, and treasure the memories with my family.



1 comment:

  1. We are so pleased you could enjoy your Hawaiian vacation. It is a beautiful destination. Doug and I chuckled at Matias' reaction to the beach and trust he overcame his fear before your week ended. I hope the Maui traffic jams weren't too frustrating. We experienced those ourselves last fall and quickly learned to avoid some areas at certain times of the day. Krista....you are never far from our thoughts or our prayers. Doug & Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete