Wednesday 29 May 2013

Ten Reminders of My Cheerleaders

It's been a busy week in this household. After chemo this past Friday the three of us went to Kelowna and we got to hang out with my family at a dance recital, church, celebrating four birthdays & having a lazy start to the week. It was also good to see my family's church and my brother-in-law's family and to be able to thank them for praying for me. Meeting family & complete strangers who are praying for me has been a big encouragement and is very humbling.

Matias has had a busy week too. He's cut his first two teeth & now has a cold. It has certainly been good to have my parents here because it would have been very difficult to take care of my fussy boy today without them. I hope he has a more restful sleep tonight.

And then there's me. Chemo last Friday. A great weekend with family. A CT and my bone strengthening infusion yesterday. And now I'm waiting to see how the side effects will be while fighting off a sore throat and trying not to get my boy's cold (so far I'm just tired and a little achy). Tomorrow will be my recouping day. Friday will be my 16th dose of chemo. And next week I will find out the results of my CT (and if the last eight weeks of chemo have been worthwhile). What a crazy roller coaster this is.

To bring me joy this week I have ten memories of my family (and in particular, my niece). Monday morning, I started my week with a chai latte, my nephew's birthday, and a request from my niece... "Do you want me to paint your nails?" I had a dilemma. Should I let an almost 8 year old paint my nails? And if so, which was the most neutral color?

The picture below shows the results of our efforts: she painted my nails and I painted hers. And now I have ten finger nails which remind me of my little cheerleader and my many other cheerleaders around the world. Gotta love the color & sparkle!


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet picture!
    It's good you had some time away from home with your family.
    It was nice to see you Sunday.
    Will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete