Thursday 17 October 2013

66 Years Old

Eleven years ago a younger, cute guy tried to impress me & pick me up by telling me we had the same birthday. With a raise of my eyebrows and a wry smile, I said "prove it." And he whipped out his ID from his wallet which proved what he'd said.

Today I get to turn 66 with him! That young guy who was full of himself (aka my interpreter) has become my best friend, strong support & overall amazing husband and father. He never knew what he signed up for when we got married but here we are six years later, still madly in love, and clinging to God and each other to get through the next day. I am so thankful he chose me and I am so sorry to have put him through what we've been going through this year.

But today has been about celebrating getting older! A great morning playing with my boy. An afternoon visit with a dear friend. A number of surprise knocks on the door bringing flowers, cake & gifts. Almost had a live lobster show up at the door. Instead we went out for a really nice dinner (just the two of us thanks to two good friends babysitting) and just got to spend some quality time together.

Previously, getting older has not been something I've looked forward to. Now each birthday is a celebration (and an accomplishment of sorts). And getting old together sounds wonderful! 

Hoping to celebrate many more birthdays with you!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to the two of you!! :) Praying that this coming year is filled with miracles, hope, memories, blessings and growth - hair growth, spiritual growth - and shrinkage - LOTS & LOTS of tumor shrinkage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you met Xhevat so long ago! What a great story. Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story! Praying for things to improve for you. Darlene

    ReplyDelete