Wednesday 23 April 2014

Bring on Brain Radiation

Today is a new day. I'm thankful to be where I am and feel like I have a great medical team around me to help me.

The support, love, meals, babysitting, encouraging words, conversations, prayers, etc. have been overwhelming.

I have been admitted and am so thankful to be in a private room... yay for my "own" bathroom. I was able to speak with my oncologist and my new radiation oncologist yesterday. The plan is to start brain radiation this afternoon at 2:20. It brings me comfort knowing that we're moving forward even if logically it is incredibly scary.

My sister brought our little Monkey by the hospital this morning. It was so good to see him even if I couldn't be the one watching him terrorize the rest of the unit.

I feel incredibly blessed to have my husband by my side, my sister & Monkey closer than a text message, parents and in-laws close through the iphone & many other friends, church, neighbours, colleagues & even strangers offering help and support whether near or far.

Mostly I feel unworthy of having such an amazing God with me. I cannot nor do I want to imagine going through this without Him. I'm so thankful for the faithfulness of my Father, the understanding of suffering of Jesus and the intimacy of comfort and peace given by the Holy Spirit. Any "good" that is seen in me comes from Him.

So with my team around me, I move forward with treatment. And with the hopes and prayers of many, we ask for the miracle of healing and the strength to gracefully move through each day no matter what happens.

Thank you for journeying with us.

Together in ER

My view from upstairs

4 comments:

  1. You are never far from my present thought. Your strength and faith in the Lord are so inspiring. I will continue to hold you close in thought and prayer. Love, Rochelle (Glauser) Francis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiration you are Krista. Praying for added strength, peace and healing. Love and prayer. Joyce Loudon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Krista, our God is more than able. Rest in Him, and allow the Holy Spirit take you by the hand moment by moment! Our prayers and many others who are now reading your blog, are praying. Sending a hug!

    ReplyDelete