Tuesday 22 April 2014

Readmitted

Last week I was a wife and mom with cancer. I was driving myself to appointments, taking care of my husband and son and very much alive and living.

Things changed this weekend. My brain can still think clearly but my speech is slurred and movements are not coordinated. Despite increasing medications, my symptoms have progressed.

Today I'm back in ER and hope to be admitted this afternoon/evening to a ward. I've seen my oncologist and have received the news that there are more metastases than originally thought. I'm waiting to be referred to a new doctor. Hopefully the plan will be to get more imaging and then get on with radiation. My symptoms are not currently explained by the CT results we have.

Ironically, the cancer in my liver seems stable and my back doesn't appear to have gotten worse.

So we wait. And I ask you to pray... still for my liver and spine but specifically for my brain.

We are shaken & broken. We know the truth but have unanswerable questions. Our hearts are aching.

Tonight will be my first night as an inpatient (except for when I was born or when I gave birth)

8 comments:

  1. Dearest Krista, her family and friends - As you know I lived the experience of brain cancer with my close friend Robin. Although hers was a primary brain tumour it sounds very similar to the symptoms that you are experiencing. If you, your friends or your family need any additional help at this time I would be more than willing to provide it. I am sending this offer through your blog as it is the only method to communicate with you.

    Thinking of you.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending my love and prayers to you, Krista.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending love and prayers Krista, always with a smile on your face you are truly God's child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole Marshall22 April 2014 at 22:02

    You are such a beautiful courageous fighter, sending lots of love and prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear girl. My heart aches with yours. Praying for all of you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you,my sister.love you Krista. meli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krista, Debbie and I are friends of BJ and Fred and we are studying the book Heaven by Randy Alcorn. We pray every week for you during our study. I pray for peace for you today. Loving you in Christ, Stan Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb sent this on. I am so sorry to hear this but will be lifting you all up in prayer. In spite of it all, may those who see you, see Jesus. I love you Krista and hope you have a pair of wild socks on to keep those feet warm! Jerusha

    ReplyDelete