Thursday 24 April 2014

Learning to Dance

If you know me at all, you'll know that I'm NOT a dancer. When music comes on I get very self-conscious & awkward & have stilted movements.

Over the years one of the things Xhevat and I had talked about is taking dance lessons together. And we talked about it again this past weekend.

These last few days we have had many an opportunity to dance (albeit still not very gracefully). He helps me stand and I selfishly stay in his arms an extra few seconds. And then we move together to the window, the wheelchair, bathroom or wherever we want go.

Our movements are choppy at first and we need to tell each other where to stand or hold. But we're learning and adjusting to this new dance. And I'm so grateful for my partner. 


What I Have Survived Since Feb 12, 2013
(in 147 Appointments)

IVs (successful) x 61
Bloodwork (successful) x 67
IVs or Bloodwork (unsuccessful) x 12
Biopsies x 13 (I think)

Chemo x 29
Bone strengthening infusions x 15
Injections x 9
Brain radiation x1

MRI x 1
CT x 9
Ultrasound x 3
Xray x 6
ECHO x 1
Surgery x 2
Minor surgery x 1

Days in hospital x 3

Parking Ticket x almost one

This was day one of radiation... day two will happen in 90 minutes or so.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Krista. I was trying to read your mind as you lay there in that machine. What were your thoughts. Is it painful at all? You are so much inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To this old nurse your body language in this picture says "I am trusting." And as a prayer partner, so am I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing!! Thank you for sharing and inspiring me every day.
    You should be proud of your tally of proceedures :) I am
    xoxox Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You blow me away every time I read and cry at one of your posts Krista! There are no words left to express - so I just send more love to you and send prayers to the ONE who does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you are an amazing girl, Krista! Why not dance??! Keeping you in my prayers , dear Krista.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Krista. We have not met yet. I am married to Lisa, who is Malachi's cousin. I would like to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. As I am sure you have heard from Nicole, I am also fighting cancer, and can relate to some of the feelings that abound when taking different treatments. One of the hardest things for me to get through is having my CT scans. As I lay on the table waiting for the contrast injection, I always start crying. I think it is because I am reminded all too realistically what they are looking for. I find that to be one of my loneliest times. Keep up the great attitude, and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Richard Bone

    ReplyDelete