Wednesday 1 January 2014

My Highs and Lows of 2013

- Watching my son accomplish many firsts like crawling, walking, running, first words, first birthday, and many more
- Having my husband become a Canadian citizen
- Too many cancer diagnoses amongst our family and friends
- Feeling continually overwhelmingly loved on and blessed by my family, friends and community
- Having my family move in for a few months to take care of me & my boy
- Not being able care for sick family members
- Becoming a stay at home mom & patient
- Those first CT results after starting chemo of "improvement everywhere"
- Chemo-prayer-apy
- Having access to excellent healthcare close to home
- My team of doctors, nurses & support staff... an amazing group of people I have come to depend upon
- Minimal chemo side effects
- Some alone time at a beautiful resort
- Being "well" enough to be able to have mastectomies
- Needing to start my second round of chemo after only ten and a half weeks off chemo
- No hair for Christmas
- Ending the year with less cancer
- Extra special family vacations in the summer and at Christmas
- My marriage & my family... I can't imagine going through this year without my husband or son (or even my dog)
- Being both alive and very much living life at the end of the year
- Having my faith tested through suffering & learning to depend on God even more


Perspective (Highs and Lows are all about perspective. We choose which we make bigger based on how much of our lives are consumed by the high or low.)

No comments:

Post a Comment