Monday 25 March 2013

A Few Requests

Today I have no fun stories... just a few requests. I know and have experienced the power of prayer throughout my life but especially these last few weeks. Prayer has been so important to me as it is simply me talking with my God who hears and cares and answers. While I acknowledge the bigness of who He is (and the smallness of who I am), I can bring even of the smallest of requests to Him knowing that He hears me. And how He chooses to answer them is up to Him. He can see the bigger picture that I can't and His plans for me are good.

So here are some specific things that I'd like to ask you to pray for me:
- chemo this week: as it is a stat holiday this Friday, my chemo has been moved to Thursday. In order to get my chemo, my neutrophil count -- a part of my blood that fights infections -- has to be high enough. Because I'll only be having six days between chemo doses this time, there's a chance that my body will not have recovered enough to have made enough neutrophils. Please pray for either enough neutrophils to get chemo or peace in not getting chemo this week.
- CT scan: next week I'll have a CT scan which will show us how chemo-prayer-apy & my cancer have been getting along. Please pray for a decrease in the amount of cancer in my liver and spine (and elsewhere too... but let's start with those places).
- my husband: he's becoming a Canadian citizen this week and there is much reason to celebrate! He is an amazing man and I'm blessed to be able to be beside him these days. Please remember to pray for him as well.

5 comments:

  1. Starting right now. Congrats Xhevat, it such a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Krista and Xhevat, just know that you are in our prayers and thoughts everyday. I thank God for giving you the strength Krista to share your journey.You are touching people in ways that you do not even know.

    Congratulations Xhevat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for specifics to pray for you and your family this week! Most days I pray whatever is on my heart for you at the time but it's nice to have specific things to pray as well! I will continue to pray peace, comfort, and strength for you and Xhevat. Congrats to Xhevat as he becomes a Canadian!

    Jocelyn (Amanda's sister, Nicole's friend from high school)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the specific requests. Since today is Thursday, my prayer is for a high blood count. Huge
    congrats Zhevat! Welcome to the Canadian family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Krista. i had just returned from vacation, only to have learned of your recent diagnosis, and all that has transpired since that Feb 14. I have followed along in your blog, and am amazed at your incredible ability to communicate the reality of what you are going through, yet standing strong in who God is. You have made me laugh, and you have made me cry. Your blog title says it all Krista " trusting God with my future". I just wanted to let you know, that I too will be standing in prayer for you! Psalm 91:2 I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust" Sharon LeBlanc

    ReplyDelete