Wednesday 6 March 2013

Together

I have been amazed by the support that I've received from friends and strangers... but I've been especially thankful for my family. When I got my diagnosis, my sister interrupted her family time to move in with us and take care of my family. Then came my mom... from Vietnam. She interrupted her plans there and came alone to care for my little boy. And then dad joined us this past Monday from Vietnam. He has been tasked with caring for our Beast (our affectionate name for our rather large dog) as well as helping mom out with Matias. And of course, Xhevat does anything and everything needed, wanted, and in between. And then there's the other half of my family overseas who wish they could be here to help physically but remind me daily that I'm in their prayers and encourage me like crazy in this fight. I'm very thankful for my family.

Monday:
I returned to the clinic where I was first put through all of the tests and diagnosed. It was good to be able to thank the nurses, doctors, and staff for their quick diagnosis & intervention and for how I've been set up with an amazing medical team. I also went to a different clinic in the same building to receive another infusion which should help strengthen my bones.

Tuesday:
The side effects of Monday's infusion have hit full force. Its like I've got the flu -- nausea & vomiting, muscles & bones aching, low grade fever & chills, my eyeballs even hurt... all in the name of strengthening my bones. Emotionally, not a good day.

Wednesday:
Another pajama day... but feeling better physically & in better spirits than yesterday. It seems that I'm just recovering in time to get knocked down by the next thing. I'll take today though as it has been better than yesterday!


Sometimes it feels like I've been fighting this cancer forever but I'm only three weeks into this journey... and (as my mom reminded me as we were crying together yesterday) I'm thankful that I'm not alone. We're on this journey together.

(The pretty flowers in the picture are from my coworkers in the PICU at Children's)

5 comments:

  1. Krista -- your mom is right - this journey involves many people. May God continue to give you the strength, support and love that you need during this very difficult time. Love the flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone Krista. We love you!.xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Krista. Know that I am praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you sister... God is good. I will pray for you in my quiet time now, and be thinking of you tomorrow. xo Jem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for giving me courage and opening my heart to God. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete