Thursday 28 March 2013

Blame It On God

This morning I was to go to the Cancer Agency for my bloodwork and possibly chemo. My neutrophil numbers have just barely been high enough for the last three weeks to get the full dose of chemo. As there have only been six days since my last chemo (instead of the usual seven) I went in expecting that my neutrophil count would not be high enough. I had asked you to pray for peace in not getting chemo or my neutrophil counts to be high enough.  I went to the Cancer Agency today and my heart was completely at peace with not getting chemo for this week. I had also said though that if my counts were high enough, it would be due to God and the many people that are praying for me.

Much to my delight, I was wrong... my neutrophil count was the minimum amount to get the full dose and I had my chemo this morning! And my beautiful chemo is working inside me to kill more cancer cells in my body as I write this!

Today I thank God for:
- hearing our prayers and choosing to answer our requests both by giving me peace and for allowing me to have chemo
- a fantastic day yesterday celebrating my husband and his new citizenship!
- you -- the hundreds and thousands of people around who are standing beside me and bringing my needs before God... the burden is lighter because of you.

I'd also like to ask you to pray for my father-in-law in Kosova.  He has been a diabetic for a number of years and has had some rough weeks lately with his health. Please join us in praying for him.

Thank you for caring for me and joining me in trusting God with my future.  As for getting my chemo today... I blame it on God. To Him be the glory!

We were thrilled; Matias could care less but was waving his flag like crazy!

Me & My New Locks

Congratulations Xhevat!
 
Xhevat's parents (the last time we saw them a couple years ago)

8 comments:

  1. Krista that is fantastic news! So encouraging. And yes, we'll keep your father-in-law in our prayers too!!! Yeah!
    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for good news.

    James Kim

    this is a just test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James Kim is a Korean neighbour of your Daddy.

    It's incerdiable to add my word here.

    We, Thursday morning prayer team, prayed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Praising God with you! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm, I'm a little disappointed that you are not a fabulous red-head or a blondie or something. You look great though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, thank you for sharing. The picture of the three of you at the citizenship ceremony brought tears to my eyes. I hope that that you are able to enjoy the warmth and sunshine of this Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new locks, glad I was part of the big prayer that went out for you. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah GOD!!! :) So awesome about the chemo!

    Congrats on the citizenship!

    Definitely will continue to pray that those chemo warriors get all those nasty cells floating around your body and will be praying as well for your pa-in-law!

    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete